[Dailydrool] New Basset in NJ

Pat Dill padill at starband.net
Thu Aug 21 04:09:47 PDT 2008

Just a reinforcement of Cakie's message regarding tips and tricks for first time
basset-parents:

We adopted our first basset hound from Tri-State in 1995.  It took us until 1999, the year of the very first TSBHR Board Waddle, to discover just how right Cakie is with her counsel of "your basset rules your social life."

Since that time, we have made lifelong friends (many whom we have met only through email and Howliday cards).  We've cried with them, laughed with them, consulted with them and had plain old fun with them.  We spend our money on basset crap and Dyson vacuums and BW pledges and pawctions and postage to ship Wendell all over the country.  We use our vacation days on long weekends scheduled around Waddles, Slobberfests, Rambles and the like.  We stay in the finest hotels that allow pets and have available rooms on the ground level with direct access to the outside.  We read books about canine nutrition, subscribe to "Whole Dog," upload hound photos to KodakGallery, and browse Petfinders.com just for kicks.  We check out pet supply catalogs and the internet for great prices and have intense discussions around dog poop color and consistency.  Our vet owns his home outright and has a vacation home on a sandy warm beach.  The house has been redone with laminate flooring everywhere, and all furniture for sitting is either leather or covered with sheets.  There are at least two dog beds in the house for every hound who resides here.  The vehicles both have leather upholstery and nose smudges at basset height on all the windows.

In short, bassets rule!

And we would not have traded one minute of it for anything else.

Welcome to our world!

Pat & Carol
Rosie, Sadie and Bailey (Sampson coming soon)
Benji, Murphy, Taffy, Misha-Herald, Abbey, Kelly, GM Maxwell and Cuzin Hugh at the Rainbow Bridge