[Dailydrool] Bufos, and drool

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 11:02:29 PDT 2008

We have the bufo toads all over here in Hawaii. They come out at night and most are the size of softballs. Fortunately Bo and Harley do not bother with them, although when they are squished in the road as roadkill, both dogs are interested and must be diverted. But the neighbors on both sides of us have had dogs catch them and go into something like seizures. When this happens, the dog must get to the vet immediately. One neighbor's dog survived with immediate vet attention. The other neighbor's dog died. The dog parks all have signs posted "Beware of bufos". It's a fairly serious issue here. Sounds like they are not as much of a problem most places, and other sorts of frogs and toads are not as toxic. Thanks, Arlene, for posting info. on the bufos.

Healing drool to the families of Benny and Kai, to Rupert for his unfortunate ingestion (we've been there twice), to Marlene for her back, Chloe for her surgery, and I know I'm forgetting others. Drool to all in need. Val, Bo, and Harley