[Dailydrool] I think Leo was stung by a bee..

Mary Tipping MTipping at cblh.com
Fri Aug 22 12:53:40 PDT 2008

I am beside myself with worry--about an hour ago Leo was outside and I heard him yelp in pain.  Terrified, I rushed to see what happened but could see no sign of anything, at that time.  He seemed a bit agitated and panting but felt him all over and nothing.  A little while ago he was sleeping and I noticed his eye was very swollen.  I called the vet but he's fully booked (of course) but suggested I give him Benadryl.   I rushed out to buy it and just gave him 2 tablets (25 mg).  I am frantic!  I hope I did the right thing? How long should it take before he gets some relief?  The vet said if he wasn't better by tomorrow a.m. to bring him in.  I would truly appreciate some drool for my baby boy:)  He seems ok otherwise, tail wagging, etc. but his eyelid is really puffy.  Thanks so much for any advice!

Mary (I need a glass of wine), Harley, Biggs and Leo