[Dailydrool] Leo is better! and the plot thickens...

Mary Tipping MTipping at cblh.com
Fri Aug 22 18:34:30 PDT 2008

Deep thanks to the many responses I received about Leo's eye!  The drool and advice worked, and the benedryl is starting to kick in, too.  His eye doesn't look as swollen and I just gave him some more pills.  And my stressful day didn't end there--if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all....at the store I also picked up my thyroid pill prescription and, in my haste to get the benedryl into Leo, I threw the bag on the counter, but not where anyone could get it, or so thought, and raced upstairs.  Whilst I was tending to Leo I heard Philip shouting, asking what was in a white bag and what was in a mangled pill bottle...the lid was off, the bottle empty and no pills to be found.  OH NOOOOOO!  I am almost certain that my cat, Puck, got into the bag and knocked the bottle on the floor.  (I spend my life making sure I don't feed them anything bad, have the cleanest countertops in Christendom, and then this happens).  Doubly terrified and feeling nauseated, I immediately called the emergency vet which is about 15 minutes away, and bundled both Harley and Biggs in the car.  There they induced vomiting on both since I didn't know who possibly ingested them (I called my vet about using peroxide but they suggested better use the ER).   When you want them to take their medicine they suddenly have lockjaw, go figure...All is well, thankfully. I should have brought Leo with me, but he didn't, and doesn't now, have any breathing problems and he seemed fine when we left.  I just fed Harley and Biggs boiled chicken and they are their usual ornery selves.  I'm going to put a small ice pack on Leo's lid for good measure.  And, I will have quite a sleepless night as well, watching them all like a hawk;)  Calgon take me away...;)  Again, Droolers are wonderful, thank you so, so much!  And I now have the ER vet on my speed dial...

Mary ($282 poorer and having a much deserved glass of vino), Harley, Biggs (we don't know what all the fuss was about, geeeeez) and Leo (who looks like a pirate, arrrrrrrrrgh)--oh, and Puck, the Cornish pixie....