[Dailydrool] Our Day

Kristin Mielke kristin.mielke063 at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 23 16:46:58 PDT 2008

today I took Hushy to our local pet feed store.  They were offering free
nail trims.  At the vet this is 16 bucks, at the groomer 14...so I was a
gamer.  We have tried the dremel but no dice with Mr. Hushymouse.
Off we go. We get there. I begin my usual claw clip routine. Brace myself
and hold Basset tightly, were next in line.  While we wait there is a golden
getting clipped and putting on a first class show.  We are talking Kujo
here. Teeth, foaming moath, the whole deal. He is done, and heads for the
door dragging his slave.  We approach the table....
I ask  the nice lady "Are you a groomer?" turns out she is a Vet in her last
year of Vet school Residencey I guess. Perfect...I am getting happier about
this by the minute.  All her utencils are there and I notice she is
stearalizing between victims.  Or at least cleaning with some antiseptic
stuff, so we go for it.  I put all 58 pounds of Hushmouse on the table and
hold my breath and him.
Andddddddd.......Mr. Hushy decides that he will indeed cooperate and gives
her a paw. WHAT...What....What the hell...this is the dog the vet threatened
to put under the next time for claw clipping. The holy terror the groomer
refuses to do, with the too close to the quick nails.
He just sat there having his pawdicure while she happily stuffed cookies in
his mouth.  The whole producion took about 15 minutes.  We have an
appointment to go back in two weeks for another trim to help bring the quick
back. .
I left her a sizable tip, and made a donation to Rescue which was benefiting
from the Claw Clip Clinic.
Hushy got a cookie and a toy. His nails are trimmed and nicely filled into
little ovals. Folks this was FREE...I repeat FREE. Husband could not believe
it.
In other news we are trying a new kibble. I know I am a SUCKER.  But I just
keep trying to find a kibble that I can use when a raw diet is not an easy
deal.  I think it is called naturally Wild and is make by the Eukanuba
people. The venison and potato variety is what we are trying.  It meets the
allergy needs of Hushy, so I am giving it a go ..but only as a back up to
the raw diet.  So far it has worked out.  Hushy ate it for dinner and it is
still down.  Also, when I soaked it, it did not swell up.  Kibble that does
goes directly in the garbage, as we have done the Bloat dance and do not
want to EVER do that again.
So things are generally good. Drool to everyone. Especially Rupert our
newest member of the Zipper club. For the Ruperts slaves "It could be
worse...foreign object removal starts at 2000.00$ here..that does not
include meds, Xrays, and follow up....plastic is fantastic LOL)

Kris (I still can't believe it..FREEEeeeeeeeee)
Hushy (She had some very good cookies...)