[Dailydrool] To Bonnie: No crates at night:

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 13:57:55 PDT 2008

Well ha hah that didn't last long.
Close my eyes last night with the boys loose and Cooper in his customary
place next to the couch (by me) and I hear:
"GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".
It is Cooper, warning the Boyz that this is his space, and the timbre of the
warning made me think that he wasn't kidding.
Without opening my eyes I tell the boys to go lay down. I hear:
thump thump thump thump thump thump.

This is Nigel's tail telling me he is ready to play. He thinks Uncle Cooper
is joking. Uncle Cooper is not joking and in fact when I put my hand on him
I can feel the tension. He warns them again. Llewis starts barking at him.
Mitchell leaps to his feet in consternation and Nigel takes the opportunity
to try to leap OVER Cooper onto me.

Struggling to breathe, much less sit up with a 60pound dog on my ample
midsection, I bellow at Nigel to get down.He fumbles off the couch (it is
still dark in here, remember) and falls on Cooper who roars and who I JUST
manage to grab as he makes a dedicated lunge at what is probably Nigel but
might also be Mitchell or Llewis.
Ok that's it. I flip the light on momentarily blinding all the combatants
and stunning Mitchell. The boys go into their crates. Mitchell is helped
back into his chair and given a treat. Cooper is soothed and goes back to
his station.
Light goes off.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.Maybe again next year.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper

PS If Zelda had been here, blood would have been shed....not hers, either.