[Dailydrool] Deer bones?

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 08:41:14 PDT 2008

Does anyone have any experience with their dogs and deer bones?  I ask because I am cautioning a new adopter (young man in his 20's) about giving his basset boy rawhide knottd bones and told him I give mine raw beef marrow bones.  He said he and his father hunt and always have a freezer full of deer so he wondered if deer bones are hard like beef are, or are they a hazard like pork bones?  These would be raw and not cooked.....

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 7
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB),Sapper and Liam, Justice, Poppi, Danica, Ginger and Luke (can I have Bambi bones?!)
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!