[Dailydrool] Mast Cell Tumors

BirdOx at aol.com BirdOx at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 17:26:25 PDT 2008

My boy Pepper had a high grade 3 mast cell tumor very near the  anus removed
in Feb. of 2007. He had clean margins on all 4  sides, however the side near
the anus had a much smaller clean margin  due to its location..... He started
chemo and had completed 4 of 8  treatments when he ruptured a disc in his back,
had 2 surgeries and never went  back for the last 4 treatments.  His precious
body had enough of the chemo  sickness and combined with paralysis and pain
from surgery, I decided to  let him live his time out in comfort.
Its late August of 2008, Pepper is walking again, not great and not fast  but
he is mobile, totally continent and enjoying life.  There has been no
recurrence of any malignant activity.  His vet however did prescribe 50 mg.  of
benadryl 2x daily for a few months after diagnosis.  Mast cell tumors  give off
histamines and the benadryl counteracts them and helps to  stop any renegade
cancer cells from reproducing.
We are sending healing slurps and licks to Annie for a full recovery.
Nancy and basset kisses from April, Clementine, Augie and  Pepper

deal here.