[Dailydrool] Possible drool needed...

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 18:02:07 PDT 2008

Well, last night I was petting Joey, and I came upon a bright red, hard lump
on his hind quarters, just covered by hair. Took him to the vet today, and
he agrees there's reason to worry... He said that it's definitely infected,
and we aren't sure exactly what it is yet, but he said since it's so small
(between a pea and a bean in size), and he doesn't want to aspirate it yet;
so, we're trying the antibtotics (750 mg. 3x a day of something looking like
Cephalexin; he's got HORRIBLE handwriting!) So, if anyone has just a little
drool to spare, we could use some... Though, he did say that it's small, and
not attached to anything, and in an area that he could get clean margins, so
worst case scenario is surgery, but he's not thinking it'll be life
threatening, thank doG! But still, it'll be nice to have the lump gone, or
at least not red and painful looking any more!

Also, while we were there, vetman said that he wanted to clean Joey's teeth,
and said that it wasn't worth putting him under to take care of his teeth,
as it wasn't "that bad." But, it took 3 of us to hold him down long enough
to get his teeth done!! Also, he was whimpering and whining so much, it's
good no one was in the waiting room, as it probably sounded like he was
being tortured! Though, it all ended when I was holding down his hind legs,
and he kicked me, and then tried to kick the vet tech. It's amazing what a
kick from an 80 lb. dog will do! Also, it's back onto the green beans hard
core; he's over 80 lb again!! Now, if I can just convince his grandpawrents
to lay off all the extra treats, and get him walked father more often!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Waddling for Rescue: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473