[Dailydrool] A Bland Diet

laumag at mts.net laumag at mts.net
Mon Aug 25 19:55:04 PDT 2008

Laurie (not me) wrote:
> I'm not going to ask for the same old run down of what everyone feeds their
> bassets, but how does one designate a BLAND DIET when it comes to prepared
> kibble? I'm willing the switch him over to something if its readily
> available, but I'm not sure what aspects to look at for that specific trait.
> I brought up the fact that I'd intentionally gone away from Purina because
> of the high corn content and he seemed unconcerned with that as an
> ingredient unless Lance had shown any signs of allergies in the past.

> Does anyone know what to look for in a BLAND DIET?

A bland diet would involve cooking for Lance or perhaps trying a commercially prepared food that has less ingredients, such as California Natural. This is a one protein, one carb, one fat plus necessary vitamins and nutrients. I believe there are three dry kibble formulas, which would include Chicken and Rice, Lamb and Rice, and, Herring and Sweet Potato. I just placed an order for some at my place of employment. I also picked up a few sample bags of Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream to try on Zack. Speaking of Zack, vote for him at:

http://www.winnipegfreepress2.com/canineidol/index.php?action=details&id=541

With Thanks ... Laurie of Canada