[Dailydrool] Barkley got skunked

Tina Curtis us656592 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 26 03:52:56 PDT 2008

Any advice from seasoned droolers?  Barkley got skunked last night - pretty good.  DH let him in thinking it was just a skunk letting his spray go outside.  Little did he know, but he let the big stinker in - the dog was only outside for 20 seconds when he got hit by the skunks spray, and my husband let Barkley in the house thinking he was protecting him from the big bad skunk.  Dog smells, house smells - Yuck.  We bathed him (at 11 p.m. last nite) in Listerine, which worked a bit, but Barkley is still stinky.  Any suggestions?  Poor stinky Barkley does not understand why he could not spend the night in my daughter's bed.  He cried all night.  We are waiting for the vet to open to see if they have any recommendations, or if I should bring him to a groomer.  Tina and Barkley