[Dailydrool] Coughing

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 12:05:34 PDT 2008

Hi Linda,
Our 10-month-old basset, Humphrey, just got over a case of kennel cough.
Even on his meds, he'd wake us all up in the middle of the night coughing
and sneezing. So we started giving him some Robitussin DM before bed, which
he refused to take straight. So we would mix in enough of any one or
combination of the following until the scent/flavor of the meds were masked
enough for him to slurp it all up. Try a few of these and see what works for
your girl.

- reduced fat cream cheese
- unsweetened organic applesauce
- fat free organic yogurt (plain or any fruit flavor, obviously not
chocolate)
- soy milk (Humphrey likes vanilla soy milk better than plain)
- 1st stage baby food - sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, peaches and plums
are Humphrey's favorite

Good luck! Humphrey sends drool to anyone in need.

- Rebecca & Humphrey
Humphrey's Dogster Page <http://www.dogster.com/dogs/740464>
HumphreyTV on Vimeo <http://vimeo.com/user651125/videos>