[Dailydrool] The k9casa expands...and George makes 5

Karen Steflik k9casa at escapees.com
Tue Aug 26 20:50:37 PDT 2008

Well it's official!  We added a 5th furkid to our k9casa.  I am the
youngest of 5 kids so therefore I guess I needed 5 furkids, he he.

George is a 6 year old tri-colored retired show dog who was at
Westminster in 2007.  He's from the same handlers as Spike and Gomer,
and was bred by the same breeder as Rosie.  My sister was in Arizona
moving her only child to college for his Freshman year and she picked
George up for us--it was such a coincidence and worked out great.
George needed a retirement home and I wasn't going to let him get
away--I've had my eye on him for 1 1/2 years.  His name is actually GW
but we just couldn't call him that, so we are calling him George or
Georgie (after GeorgEGrunt I guess, :)))  We've also called him
Georgie Porgie and POTUS.  He is adorable and very spunky for a 6 year
old.  He is thrilled to be out of the kennel and in our home with a
fulltime caretaker (Tony), a smoochin' mama, and about 20+ dog beds to
choose from not to mention the couches, human beds (aka huge dog
beds), etc.  We are excited to have him with us and everyone is
getting along well--Spike, Snowy, Gomer and Rosie's noses aren't bent
too far out of shape.  We're really enjoying rehabbing another
houndie--it's always so fun to see their personality unfold.

Karen and Tony and the k9casa in CO
Spike, Snowy, Gomer, Rosie, and now...George, yahooo!