[Dailydrool] Counter Cruising Toby

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Wed Aug 27 06:25:53 PDT 2008

Good luck! LOL  Jill the Bagel is a superior cruiser.  The first time
we left her home alone and with free rein of the house she killed a 20
pack of toilet paper from atop the clothes dryer, 5# of apples and a
really nice bowl from the middle of the kitchen table and note paper
and pens and a phone from the breakfast bar.  We were gone 20 minutes.
. . We once found her on the breakfast bar trying to get atop the
fridge to get at her biscuits.  There are nose marks on the window in
my home office (my desk sits in front of it). Her new nieces, we were
told, would never do anything like that.  Until they visited our home.
 Sophie the Goldendoodle stole half a ham from the buffet (her Mom was
in the room at the time) and Pipsie was on our kitchen table seconds
after the statement was made.  AND WE WERE EATING DINNER THERE!!!

Go figure.

I've heard of taping bubble wrap to the edge, "painting" the edges of
the counter top with bitter apple, hot sauce, etc.  The only deterrent
we found reliable was keeping everything off the counters, including
prescription bottles (they make a lovely noise when tossed through the
air or rolled across the floor), with the exception of unplugged (yes,
unplugged) small appliances. Generally, things are safe if we remain
in the same room.

Jill is nearing 7 years of age.

Nadine Mysker, slave to Jill the Bagel