[Dailydrool] Mikey's adventure & Geoffrey

Jeanette Wilson jwilson at humanesocietytampa.org
Wed Aug 27 06:48:25 PDT 2008

So yesterday DH & I are unloading groceries, and I start making dinner.
Hubby is in the backyard, presumably with the dogs. I glance outside & Monte
is happily chasing lizards. Where's Mikey? If he's not out back, then he
should be under my feet in the kitchen. I start to panic, then scream at DH,
where's Mikey??!!  I run out the front door & am thinking "how could this 50
pound, clumsy, noisy dog get out & we don't know it"?? A man watering his
lawn a few houses down says "yeah, he ran that way". Great! I jump in one
car, hubby in the other. We circle in different directions & I end up back
near our street where a couple is walking down the sidewalk. Yes, they have
Mikey at their house! I gratefully pull up in front of their house, which is
only 4 doors down. They are new to our neighborhood, and apparently Mikey
wanted to welcome them. He is inside playing with their German Shepard! You
really have to appreciate good neighbors.  For all those who have
temporarily "misplaced" a houndie, I can completely sympathize now. The
whole ordeal was probably less than 15 minutes, but it was terrifying.

And Laura - I wanted to see how Geoffrey was doing with his neck? Hopefully
the meds are working? Any acupuncture yet?

Drool is still coming from the boys.

Jeanette & Monte (how did my brother pull off such a clever escape?) & Mikey
(why was mommy so worried?)