[Dailydrool] Love Children of Bassets and Saints

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 09:42:16 PDT 2008

I don't think it's so strange that we'd find clumbers appealing... here's what the Clumber Spaniel Club of America says about living with clumbers (http://www.clumbers.org/lac/lac_lwc.php):

"The Clumber Spaniel breed is described as dignified, charming,
loving, entertaining, inquisitive, affectionate, intelligent, gentle,
mischievous, stubborn, determined, self-willed, appealing, and
naughty.The Clumber is a loyal dog, good with children and amiable
with other animals. His happy personality and perceptive intelligence
make him a much-loved member of the family.The hallmark of the breed
is his sweet and gentle temperament.

The
Clumber thrives on attention. They also like to carry
things in their mouths, often picking something off the floor when
greeting, all the while dancing a little jig. While Clumbers like
nothing better than a walk with their master, they are not the breed of
choice for people who wish to run or jog long distances with their pet."

Sounds an awful lot like a basset!

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)