[Dailydrool] Spanky ATB

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 14:50:36 PDT 2008

I went to the critical care  vet today to let my best buddy and heart  dog go
on ahead of me. We had run out  of options. Since Spanky loved to be
outdoors, they set  me up under a tree with a big fluffy comforter for  Spanky and I
to lie on and say our goodbyes. I  had also brought a blanket  that had the
scents of the other bassets plus myself and wrapped him in it while  we
snuggled, I petted and hugged him and talked to  him. He was  mostly with me mentally
but I could see that he was tired of fighting. The  vet  came out to send him
on his way and he  drifted off in  the  fresh air, on a lovely day with a
mourning dove cooing on the tree and myself  raining tears and love on  him. There
 is a huge hole in my heart. He  was only 8.
Goodbye Spankydog, my King, my lovey.
Kathy

deal here.