[Dailydrool] Buster and Fonda

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 21:47:21 PDT 2008

      Loretta and Ken let me first tell you how sad I am to see the Buster Boy had to leave you to. I think part of the grieving is to share stories of the friends that have passed on. So heres my Buster and Fonda story.
      2 years ago just before Loretta and Ken took Buster and Fonda to live with them I got to share a very fun evening with them and one other rescue Max. As some of have read Basset Rescue of Puget Sound participates in Brier's Sea Scare Parade and community street party. Well that year no one was available to work the out reach table but me. So I recruited my nephew Eli to help and off we went to Alexa's to get our Am"basset"ors for the evening. We took Fonda, Buster and Max. To see the three of them doing their pre-festivities walk was so much fun. Fonda with her face just smiling, Buster hopping along with great confidence on his crippled front legs and Max just saying Hi to who ever would look at him.
      Eli and I sat on the curb with the bassets to watch the parade. Well Fonda fell in love with the kids next to us and she just moved in and sat with them as the kids petted her. Buster and Max watched the parade with such excitement. The best was when the horses came by the boys just started to bay really really loud. That got Fonda's attention and she started in to. We started laughing and so did the other people sitting around us.
They got so loud that Eli and I had to drag them way from the parade so others could hear the announcer.
      Later at our table lots of people came by to pet the gang and talk to us about the rescue/pro and cons of adopting seniors (my passion) and just about the basset breed in general. Fonda and Buster were such good am"basset"ors that evening and had a great time with all the walks and pets they got. When we got them back to Alexa's they were pooped.
      When I talk to Alexa the next day she said that they all slept like very sound that night.
      Buster and Fonda made such an impression on that community that the next year I had people coming up to me asking how they were doing.
      The two of them have always had a special place in my heart and they always will. God bless you for taking them in and giving the best. Thank you for loving them.

Lots of loving Drool

Patty Crawford

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936