[Dailydrool] this and that

Anna P angelicpawlosia at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 06:13:42 PDT 2008

After all the Olympics fuss I started catching up with all the drool messages.

First of all I wanted to say how sorry I am for the recent losses in our basset family.
We're lighting candles for their safe journey. It is very heartbreaking but we've got each other for at leats a little bit of comfort. We're sending lots of drool to all the families who need it.

We are doing great even though we had a tough day.
Pepe refused to listen to me today. I was going to the right and when asked Pepe to follow me he would look at me and go to the right. Since I let him off the leash most of the time (the compund is fenced and guarded so no threat of Pepe getting out on the street) he could ignore me without risking being pulled in the direction I wanted. I called him 3 times and then looked away and then went looked back Pepe was gone.
I was calling him forever, started asking some people if they had seen him. Some men said they noticed him entering the underground garage. Oh-uh...
Now, I am already angry and all I want to do is kick some basset butt. I enter the underground, there is a woman sitting there, so I ask her if she had seen a dog. She says "there was no dog here". Alright, I got out of there and walked around the compund...I ask more people and then some lady says that she is sure Pepe entered the garage...I go there again, ignore the lady I spoke with already and start walking around calling Pepe. After 5 min the lady calls me "quickly, quickly"....I run over there and what do I see??? Pepe...miserable with his tail between his rear legs, eyes even sadder then usually....my heart just melted. When he saw me it was like "you're here!!!!! I was soooooooooooooo lost!!!!"
He scared the c**p out of me by disappearing just like that....I guess we both learned something today. I am going to remember that for a long time and Pepe...he forgot already...hubby is feeding him pieces of meat now...<sigh>

I hope all the hounds are safe out there! Keep an eye on them at all times :-))))

Take care,

Anna, Pepe and Lulu ATB

      Get your preferred Email name!