[Dailydrool] Mystery bump improving...

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 07:40:46 PDT 2008

Joey, who's currently pawcured all of the pillows on his grama and
granpawslave's water bed asked me to write in for him that the drool is
working for his bump! It's still there, and it's hard all the way through,
now, I thought it got a bit bigger over mon-tues, but it's held at a steady
size since then, and it's almost back to it's normal color! That means the
medicine is working for the infection!

It's about 80% gone, and he's still got a brown patch, that kind of looks
like a scab (the vet said that's normal, but we don't get how it could be a
scab, as the bump hasn't opened up). Still no idea what it is, but we're
holding out hope that it might shrink yet. Vetman said if it's inflamatory
in nature, the antibitocs would shrink it up. We've got just under a week's
worth left (Cephalexin 250 mgs 3 pills 3x per day, and GenOne spray for
topical), so there's a possiblity that's what it is. If it doesn't shrink
up, then the next step is either aspirate it or just remove, then pbiopsy
it. I'm not sure which would be best, because if it's possible to avoid
surgery, that's obviously the best choice, but vetman said that since it's
been infected once, whatever it is, he may feel more comfortable just
removing it out right, to reduce the chance of reinfection. So, now we play
the waiting game... He said that we should take it as a good sign that it
hasn't gotten bigger, though, and we're sure the drool has helped in that
respect! So, we're still worried here, but it's sounding like a better and
better outcome the whole time! Of course, with his being a blue, there's a
complete chance it's just some fluke skin thing, and he'll just be "a lumpy
boy," with no ill effects! The vets new tech has had a blue doberman, and
she's gone through a bunch of similar issues with him, so it's nice to know
that someone in the office can fully understand the weirdness that is their
on going skin issues!

We're sorry to read of all the sudden bridge departures. Too many houndies
have been lost too young recently!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Waddling for Rescue: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473