[Dailydrool] Good news from the Vet

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Fri Aug 29 08:49:43 PDT 2008

I took Annie to Harlingen Veterinary Clinic in Belle Meade, NJ and saw Dr. Christine Newman.? Our appt was at 9:40, but Dr. Newman came out and got us at about 9:30.? She did a needle biopsy of a lump on Annie's ear, and examined it under the microscope as I sat there...thank God it was just an infected pimple or something, not another tumor.? She recommended just watching for other lumps, and doesn't think it's necessary to remove more tissue.? She examined her legs, pulling, pushing, watching for pain...nothing more than some inflammation.? I don't think she thinks that she has a torn ligament, and just suggested limiting her activity (like that'll be difficult!!)? She spent about 40 minutes with us and did everything, including removing Annie's stitches, by herself, while I was in the room.? One thing I didn't like about?the other vet?is that they would take the dogs in the back to do stuff.?

?

She also gave me more de-worming meds for 3 months from now so that I don't have to go back!? She said that there are probably whipworms around here, which is why we're having a hard time getting rid of them.? She suggested giving their heartworm meds (Interceptor, which fights whipworm too) every 3 weeks, rather than monthly.? She also recommended giving Annie Selenium (a vitamin) to help protect againts Mast Cell tumors.

?

The entire thing (visit, biopsy, medicine for 2 dogs) cost about $129...I expected much more.? I would highly recommend her!!