[Dailydrool] disappointed in health ins

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 10:38:42 PDT 2008

I am pretty frusturated with this whole pet insurance thing. I finally opted
to go with VPI as my employer recieves a 5% discount through them and the
payments can be automatically withdrawn from my paycheck. I signed up for
both CB and Ru only to find out that foreign body removal surgery would be
excluded on Rupert since its a "pre-existing condition".

How the heck can they consider it a pre-exisiting condition. Its been
removed! I would understand if the current surgery site was excluded for
future problems or something but to exclude surgery should he ingest another
item in the future?! Thats ludicrous!

Now I have to look through all the other quotes I got and try to determine
if all the policies will exclude this occurrence. Then I'll probably have to
lie or just pay another $2k the next time my basset acts like a basset and
swallows something stupid.

Grrrr. Anyone have coverage where they do not consider this to be an ongoing
condition? An insurance company that doesnt have backwards thinking?

Thanks, Kacy