[Dailydrool] Brownie the blind Basset found a new home!!!

Valerie and John Epps eppsval26 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 17:46:54 PDT 2008

I am so pleased to announce that Brownie has found a new home.  She has fabulous foster parents that are going to probably turn into a forever home for Brownie.  They drove 4 hours this morning to pick her up.  Brownie got a full work up from the vet and groomer, then got in the car and headed (on her special bed) to her new house.  I was told by a fellow rescue volunteer that a "drooler" would come through and help Brownie and she was right!  Brownie is going from being one of five neglected dogs in a backyard to now being part of a loving, caring family with a spot in their hearts and on their sofa for her!
  I want to personally thank Judy and Nancy (foster parents) as well as, Cindy and Gloria from the Golden Gate Basset rescue.  They didn't hesitate at all when I asked for help which included funding for her very expensive medical costs.
  I would like to encourage anyone who's able to go to the Golden Gate Basset Rescue's website and donate a little something in Brownie's name as she will be needing surgery ASAP to remove her other eye.
  Thank you to everyone who emailed willing to help as well.  It's an amazing group of people here on the drool.

Valerie Epps
  http://www.myspace.com/runwaybassethounds
  Member of Concerned Dog Owners of CA, a group dedicated to preserving dog owners rights CDOC-ACTION