[Dailydrool] Martingale collar warning

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 31 09:40:26 PDT 2008

I also love the Martingale type collars, they are the only ones that my group has not been able to figure out how to back out of.  However, be careful not to leave them on all the time.  Just recently, one of my dogs somehow got her lower jaw caught in the collar, it was not loose enough that it should have happened, I have no idea how she did it.  Thank goodness, I was there and noticed right away, as the collar had to be cut off of her in order to release her lower jaw-there was no way I could manipulate her head or the collar to get it off.  I don't know what would have happened if I was not here to help her.  From now on, the collars are off when we are home.