[Dailydrool] another montana moment. CAUTION..SOME DESCRIPTIVE WORDS ABOUT AN INJURY TO THE NECK.

Leslie Ames bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 19:09:40 PDT 2008

chris, thankyou for your kindness and loving thoughts of us here up in
Montana.  I am now returning it to all the other rescue groups and
single folks out there that save bassets daily.  We all need positive
strokes, relief of compassion fatigue, emotional boosts...especially now
for so many!!  In the BAsset Bedroom in the house i have TRinket,
adopted by our fosters in Missoula...and she is oozing and horrifically
infected with a large wound on her neck from a dog bite.  Been ripped
open once, and needed a second surgery with another drain, dressing
changes 3 times daily at least to remove the purulent drainage, SQ
fluids, sick sick sick and I will not let her go down hill....whew...2
types of antibiotics, analgesics, K9Restart powder, wellness meat and
hamburger and rice..etc etc...force feedings when she does not eat, and
getting her outside to go potty to help with her emotional
stimulus...she is a senior...and her folks come over to give me a hand
holding her during these huge dressing changes after cleaning the
area.    Never in my life have i seen such a bad wound from a dog bite.
yES, CHRIS, I HAD TO BRING HER HERE TO HELP HER .  Please everyone for
Trinkets' sake, send over some healing drool here, too.  She is  one of
the sweetest dogs in the world.  She is a petite red/white little girl
who got adopted last Nov.

and for those of you who are aware of my special attachment to little
red/wh girls...you will understand why...with everything else, I had to
take this on.  Her parents both work full time.  Anyway, i hope the
truckers respond to assist down South.  How scarry..another
hurricane....those folks down there are brave to stay ...HOME IS HOME.
WHEREVER THAT IS.