[Dailydrool] Another light at the Bridge

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Sun Aug 31 21:16:29 PDT 2008

Please think of parents this week.  They had to put their beloved Bogey down on
Tuesday night.  My mother told me today (Sunday)  It was the first day she could
even speak of it.

I convinced my parents to adopt Bogey in November of 1999.  He was a beautiful
tri boy with wonderful ticking.  To say he had issues was putting it mildly.  The
only people he cared for in the world were my Dad and my Mom, in that order.
Everyone else was extraneous.  If I had not witnessed the level of devotion my
parents had for that dog, I would not have believed it.

He was diagnosed with spondylosis several years ago and did fairly well until
recently.  Early this spring he had a course of prednisone because he lost
movement in his rear.  He rallied and had a wonderful summer at the lake.  He
started declining last weekend and by Tuesday, it was obvious he was leaving
them, slowly and painfully.  Ever devoted to their boy, they made the difficult
decision to help Bogey to the bridge and took him to the vet Tuesday night.

I am sure he is at the bridge buffet enjoying roast beef and gravy (his
favourite) and getting 3 biscuits a night before bed.

Jennifer
~~~~~~~
Lucy, Abby, Eli and Eyson (ATB)
Arooo Y'all
~~~~~~~~
"They had buried him under our elm tree, they said-yet this was not totally true.
For he really lay buried in my heart. "  Willie Morris, My Dog Skip