[Dailydrool] eyes

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:27:24 PST 2008

Just a word of caution about putting stuff in eyes without a diagnosis
first. There are things that can seriously damage an eye if there is a
scratch on the cornea. Scratches are not always visible to the naked eye
which is why your Vet puts the nasty green dye in your dog's eye before he
treats the eye with anything.
I don't THINK Visine would hurt, but I don't know that because I don't know
what is causing the redness. Eyes are really delicate, and they are not
replaceable. Be very very cautious.

MomPerson, who has dealt with scratched corneas and it isn't fun.