[Dailydrool] Knockin'-Noggins

Jean Quinn molly0 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 16:56:00 PST 2008

I really had to laugh when I read the post about our babies knocking us in
the face with those glorious huge bumps on the top of their heads. I've had
my share of minor nosebleeds and cheekbone bumps but be ever so careful when
you see your darling angel sleeping and you just have to bend over him or
her to place a little kiss on the back of their head.  I did that once to my
Pete and he got so startled he threw his head up directly into my eye.  When
our heads connected I literally saw stars and by the next day my eye was the
most beautiful shade of deep, deep purple you have ever seen.  When I had to
go out and would tell people that my dog did it I got the strangest "Oh,
yeah!" looks.  I think only another basset owner could truly believe that it
could happen that way.  I felt so bad for my husband when we were out
anywhere, the way people would look at us.  I often wondered if poor Pete's
head hurt at all but he never seemed to mind it. In fact while I held ice on
my eye with one hand he was all over me for pets and belly rubs with the
other because I woke him up for that didn't I ?  So don't feel alone because
I think we've all had our share of collisions with that glorious bump on the
top of their heads.
Jean, mom to Pete, Lucy, Bessie and Charlie the Bloodhound
ps- I'm very careful around Charlie's head because his is concussion size!