[Dailydrool] Fundraisers

DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 21:04:44 PST 2008

Hi everyone - I am writing to thank those of you who support rescue by organizing fundraisers.  I've never organized a fundraiser, but I understand it is a tremendous amount of work and effort and sweat and tears.  Just reading all the Drools back and forth about various calendars, magnuts, cookbooks, auctions, pawctions, etc., is enough to make my head spin.  Those of you who do it are saints, and hopefully you see the rewards here on earth in the lives of the dogs you help.

I love the fundraisers, and try to participate whenever I financially can.  I can only afford the dogs I have, so I know I can't add a dog and I don't have the temperament to foster, so supporting fundraisers or donating directly to rescues is my only way to help out.  So you not only help the dogs you help people like me who wish they could do more.

So here's a big thank you - you know who you are.  Those of you who stay up late, spend your own money, rack your brains for creative ideas, fend off complaints, get carpal tunnel syndrome from all the handiwork, etc. - what you do matters, and it IS appreciated, and keep up the good work!

Debbie