[Dailydrool] Old senior dog named Mabel

msbbeabear at comcast.net msbbeabear at comcast.net
Mon Dec 1 18:30:18 PST 2008

Well about 8 months ago, we adopted Mabel who is now 14.  She came to us an abused dog.  Untouchable, food aggressive, liked other dogs, not people.  She has since turned from a grizzly bear, to  a pussycat.  She has started to except my husband.  I am estactic.  She now allows me to clean her ears, put eye drops in her eyes and hand feed her treats without snapping or turning her lip up at me. Today I was trying to get a pic of my two other bassets for my Christmas cards and thought I would try to get Mabel with some antlers on.  Oh yeah,  put antlers on her?  Nine months ago I never thought this would happen.  She left me put them on and I got her picture.  Wow,  who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  I just can't tell you  how much I love her.  To anyone thinking about adopting an senior dog, take it from me, they are the best.

Renee