[Dailydrool] feeding enough??

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Tue Dec 2 15:03:09 PST 2008

If Chloe is in good weight, you are feeding her enough.  She is in
good weight if you can EASILY feel each rib if you run your hands lightly
down her sides from front to rear, but you cannot SEE each individual
rib.  You SHOULD be able to see where the ribcage ends and when seen
from above, she should have a waist.  If she is too thin, feed her
more.  If she is too fat, feed her less.

If she is eating
poop, it is unlikely to be because she is hungry.  Mostly it's
because she is #1 a girl canine (don't want to get censored by anyones
email program), and #2 she is a basset.  When the poops freeze they
become poopsicles.  You will hear LOTS about poopsicles on this list
over the next few months.

I never even read the recommended
feeding instructions on the dog food bags.  I have no idea how much
Purina recommends I feed.  I go strictly by the condition of the
dog.  However, bear in mind that sometimes bassets of Chloe's age are
hard to put weight on because they never sit still and spend all day
burning off calories (unlike most of their foodslaves.)  If she is
too thin and increasing the volume you feed doesn't do the trick, you
might consider a different brand.

crazy basset lady
MAKE
DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at www.rebecbassets.com
Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc.
at www.bbrescue.org