[Dailydrool] Walking on a leash

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Tue Dec 2 17:29:29 PST 2008

Brooke,  Welcome to the Drool !

Re Moses not wanting to walk -- Frank was the same way when he was very young, and 4 months is still very young.  Frank couldn't handle a regular walk, down the block and back all at once on a leash.  Frank has a chunky build, and I think it was just too difficult when he was made of all those big, heavy bones and skin, and he was not old enough to be very muscular.

Now at age 4 years, he still sometimes does the Flat Basset (lying down in the middle of the road and refusing to move), especially if it's hot and humid, as our Virginia summers always are.

Give Moses and his muscles time to grow up some more, and then you won't be able to keep him from whining for his walks:)

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank
Keswick, VA

Frank and the Furminator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwuq0Bi-QzM
Frank, Relaxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9daaOIfYIs
Frank's Doorbell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S8WKipuw-M