[Dailydrool] Basset Hound or Mountain Goat?

Ashley Collard acollard at charter.net
Tue Dec 2 18:15:58 PST 2008

I've met dogs who were raised with cats and believed they were cats. They'd
pounce on toys and bat them around. Well, my sweet boy basset thinks he's a
mountain goat. We've caught him on top of our full size grill (on the back
porch) twice! He climbs up a couple of storage bins and then onto the side
of the grill until he's standing right on top of the thing. Instead of
barking at the slider door to some in he gets up on one of the storage tote
and looks in our living room window. Then today I left him in the living
room chewing a bone while I ran to the basement for the laundry. When I came
back up he was standing in the middle of the dining room table! The table
has a little wiggle to it and he looked freaked out. I have no idea how he
got on up on the table as he sure didn't seem to know how to get down.
Anyone have a basset that is more billy goat then basset hound?

Ashley
Mommy to Ruger and Molly (ATB)