[Dailydrool] A note to the Drool Family

Sandy Gaston sandy at animalnature.com
Tue Dec 2 19:51:11 PST 2008

Ok folks,

The moderators are still here, we are just not moderating in the same way we
did. If we weren't here you would not be getting the Daily Drool Digest
every day. We keep the post coming through we still have to ok and read each
and every one. We are just not intervening like we used to. If something is
really bad we still do reject and explain why. If flaming starts we will
step in and toss water on the flames. So in essence we are still doing
moderating. This list has ALWAYS been a list with rules and moderation. It
will stay that way but we are not stepping in and stopping all the little
things we did before. Please remember there are four moderators and when
some one has a post rejected because things have gone on and are now getting
nasty there may have already been post okayed, we are all in different time
zones and do the best we can. I am behind every other moderator because I
live on the west coast, I might get up check a few posts and then find
something has been stopped because the e-mail concerning this didn't come to
me until later that morning. We are not perfect, but we all love the drool
digest and work hard to keep it running. So things are going to continue the
way they have been because we feel every thing has been going just fine.
This whole Bob thing was a mistake, plain and simple. Ann wrote and said she
was sorry. She got a really rotten personal e-mail from a drool member who
hide behind a phony address and used the name Bob. She didn't mean to get
every one going. It was sent with out thought that Bob is a very common name
she was hurt and upset. So let's get back to chatting about our love of
bassets and have a great Howliday. In the woofs of the late great Melba
Toast ---NUFF SAID.

Thanks to all

Sandy .