[Dailydrool] Miss Angela moderated?

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Wed Dec 3 07:21:40 PST 2008

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela, as a thespian, is philosophically opposed to any attempt to censor or moderate her communications.  That said, she has great faith in the Gang of 6 to judiciously handle off-basset posts, flames and other questionable material.
We, too, have on occasion seen  some of our posts mysteriously go astray and assumed that the overlords of the site have found them in some way objectionable.  While we vigorously disagree that anything untoward would originate here, we have seen some flaming posts that we wish had not been sent  by thier authors.  Given the volatile nature of some hounds, we suppose that is inevitable.  Not everyone has as thick a skin or as indelicate a sensibility as we.  If those Droolers feel the need to be protected by moderators, we suppose that such action may be acceptable.

While BobtheDog has a history of being an outspoken chauvinist and terribly fluffy-butt-struck, we had no doubts that he was not the Bob under discussion.
He is just a big frat-boy type whose charitable work and basic good nature make his (now less frequently expressed) attitude toward  houndettes much less troubling.  We love you, Robert (within limits, of course.)

Miss Angela is going in to the vet tomorrow.  It appears one of her teeth is inflamed and so xrays will be taken.  She will be anaesthetized for the procedure, in case the tooth needs to be removed.  I will, of course, keep the media informed of the Diva's progress and am certain that I will be able to announce successful results.  A little drool, however, might be a reasonable precaution.

I have promised that, if she avoids drama at the vets, I will begin decorating for the holidays.  That includes getting out her stocking and ornaments from Pawcasso Blossom, the Tana artiste.  Maybe I'll get some of that done while she is being inspected.  Or maybe I'll work on final exams.

Bill (by nature immoderate)
Miss Angela (I will try to be brave.  I will try to keep the drama to a minimum,
though it is against my nature.)