[Dailydrool] Do they know?

Barbara dbvasquez at cox.net
Wed Dec 3 12:08:46 PST 2008

On November 10 we had to put Sophie our cat down, she was very ill and had no hope of getting better. We got her ashes back from the vet and have laid her to rest in a beautiful Italian marble urn with a picture of her on the front and an inscription. We placed her on a shelf leading up to our loft which is where she spent a lot of her time. My question would be...Do Maggie (basset hound) and Molly (beagle) know it is Sophie in there? Can they pick up her scent from the urn? They will both go up the steps as far as the shelf and just lay there. When they are missing in action for a while, I look up on the step and there they both are, just sitting and looking at that urn. In a way it is sweet, but also kind of spooky.