[Dailydrool] new computure virus

Leslie Hansen bassethoundlove at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:44:11 PST 2008

OMG!!! I got this virus already!  I couldn't use the internet because every time I went on, my computer said I needed to download Antivirus 2009. I couldn't even get on to check my drools!!! BE CAREFUL!!!

All,

The following information was issue to our company today from our
information security section.  For anyone who uses YouTube or the
internet to watch or post Basset Hound 'stuff' .....    ( to make this
Basset related :-)
Please read:

"An aggressive and damaging virus is currently spreading the Internet in
the form of infected YouTube videos. These videos cause the user's web
browser to download dangerous malware (malicious software) called
"Antivirus 2009."

What You Should Do
1.  Avoid using YouTube or sites with embedded YouTube videos as much as
possible for the next few days.
2.  Close any pop-ups referencing "Antivirus 2009". This can damage and
wipe out your entire system if allowed to load.
3.  Be on the lookout for pop-ups from your browser or other indications
that malware is trying to download to your PC."