[Dailydrool] update on Pw Pauline and other stuff

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 07:40:38 PST 2008

Pw Miss Pauline had a checkup for all  her ailments
earlier this week.  While we're still waiting results from
the urine culture, she got a good report on her back
and her heart.  The medications make her heart
sound much better and, although she has arthritis
up and down her spine, she is much better there,
too. As much as she'd like to, sitting on her butt
to get my attention just isn't do-able right now but
she does well on walks and doesn't miss a beat
when something is going on or one of the other
hounds sounds the alarm that barking is required
in the back yard.

Elmo had his semi-annual checkup last week and
is doing well  - his blood work is normal and thanks
to swim therapy he's getting around so much better
than he did 6 months ago.  My lumpy old man's cysts
have been erupting since summer - the last one
has given him some problems but after another visit
to the vet (the day AFTER Pauline went - usual great
basset timing!) it's looking much better today. No
swim therapy for a few more days, though.

We are loving the howliday cards already - Elmo sure
would appreciate your sending  a card to Eva Gellert,
his swim therapist. She is on the hero's list for all the
great work she does with dogs who have mobility
problems.  She adores Elmo and his chubby paws!
And she's a big fan of Jean's Wild Bunch, especially
her GoGo!

Just a reminder that the raffle for Pw Gina Marie's
emergency vet bills is winding down. Just one more
week to get  your check to me!  If you've missed
basset Christmas tree, a Laurie Valko basset
nativity set and a cute purse with hand painted
bassets. You can buy raffle tickets for any or all
of these great items which were generously donated
by Jackie Chazey and her herd of hounds!  For details
go to:

http://web.me.com/dlindy/Site_12/for_Ginas_vet_bills.html

The 16 paws woof Happy Howlidays to everyone!

Donna and Elmo, Pw Pauline, Gracie and Pw Bosley,
missing Dudley ATB