[Dailydrool] Moderators

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu Dec 4 08:30:48 PST 2008

<<And let me tell you,
Droolers behave incredibly well compared to some other lists I've read in
the past.>>

When I first came to the Daily Drool, more than seven years ago, I don't think it was moderated. Nancy had more than enough to do keeping the Web site up to date and getting the Drool out. Discussions were lively and sometimes downright nasty. I know I often wrote to ask people to play nice, and others did too. Heated is not the word for some of the things that went on--though I must admit that the largest number of Droolers have always been polite.

As a writer/editor, I am all for freedom of speech, and I had my doubts when it was announced that moderators were going to take a hand in the Drool. But all in all, I think it's been a wise decision. People still get to discuss a range of issues, but the flaming that used to go on is a thing of the past.

I don't miss the flames. I vote that the moderators keep doing a great job because just a few folks can make a whole list miserable.
Pam, with Drew, food slave of the Dashing Bassets