[Dailydrool] Can you spare some drool?

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:54:01 PST 2008

Avery, my 11 year-old mini-dachshund, isn't feeling so great these days. For
the past year and a half she's just had one issue after another. It started
with a herniated disk in her neck that required surgery; the MRI for the
herniated disk uncovered tumors on her adrenal glands indicating Cushing's
disease; then we had a growth removed from her lower lip that was malignant
melanoma, for which she received the melanoma vaccine and subsequent
radiation treatments. Recently, the vet was working to fine tune her blood
pressure medication and her trilostane/vetoryl for the Cushing's. I've been
hearing reports from my mom and dad throughout this week that she's not
doing well ... Lethargic, can't move around very well, needs to be carried
up and down the stairs, her eyes look sunken into her head ... Needless to
say I'm very very concerned and feeling helpless. The worst thing for me is
seeing my animals in pain or discomfort with nothing I can do to help them.
Does anyone out there have any spare drool that they could sling over to New
Jersey to help a cousin doxie? What makes it so much more heartbreaking is
that Avery was my younger sister's Christmas present 11 years ago ... My
sister has been working in Japan for the past three months and she'll be
getting home just nine days before Christmas. I'm praying with all my heart
and all of the drool that my Sally can muster that Avery stays with us until
Melanie gets home.

Thanks to all.
Emily, Matt, & SallyBeaners