[Dailydrool] Aggression question

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu Dec 4 11:07:49 PST 2008

I would have the dog with the low thyroid checked out first. Behaviorists come with a high price tag, and if you can solve things easily by upping an inexpensive medication, it would be cheaper and perhaps more productive.

Sometimes dogs just get into spats. That may be the only problem here, but until I was sure, I would keep the two separated. Your basset may be telling you something. At the very least, he fears the Rottweiler, perhaps with good reason. Can you crate the Rottweiler while you are out? (It doesn't seem fair to crate the innocent party, but if that was the only way you could keep him safe, I'd say to do that.)
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets