[Dailydrool] my first transport

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Thu Dec 4 12:49:37 PST 2008

I went with my daughter as the co pilot so I didnt read the run sheet. How hard could this be? Well we arrived in Bethany MO with 1 leash and no crates.. we were there to pick up 30 puppies and 1 dog who had to be isolated from the rest. This presented a challenge.. so the one dog stayed at front on the floor. we stuffed the underboards of the seats with towels and the puppies ran around the back seat.. it was fine -they were all over the place and on top of one another.. until one POOPED. the stench. we opened the windows and laughed for 30 minutes.. we arrived at the next destimation safely with all 30 dogs.. and the next transporter had no kennels either.. so I gave myself kuddos for quick thinking and made a mental note.. Not to do this again.. but it was so rewarding that I do it everyweekend regardless of whether it is bassets or other breeds.. so I-35 from OK to MN the dogs go up from the south to the north.. one weekend I even rented a cargo van and had almost 30 dogs on there. the basset got to sit up front with me.. so happy trnasporting.. the stories we could tell.....
helena