[Dailydrool] Lucy & Me

Dawn dlvj at ptd.net
Thu Dec 4 13:59:43 PST 2008

Lucy & I are clashing horns today.  She is driving me bonkers.  I went out to the grocery store this morning, was gone a little over an hour and came home to find my cute little Santa from Cabella's partially chewed up. Mind you she had to climb up to get this Santa, it wasn't at floor level.  Lucy has been trying very hard to be good lately but I do believe it's a waste of her time.  I cleaned up the mess, yelled a little and started to fold laundry.  I hear a thump on my enclosed porch where we have a real Christmas tree.  My Lucy knocked down a gallon of pre-mixed water that I had for the tree....into the cat litter pan........the clumpable litter.  Do you know what a gallon of water does to kitty litter?  It gets like concrete and heavy as bricks when you try to get it outside to empty, in the rain of course.

Sunday was Lucy's "gotcha day", she's been with us a year now and we love her a lot.  With her we always have a story to tell what she did that day such as climb up on the toilet to get my tissue holder.  It's a cute Santa face....well I figured if I leave the top up she can't climb.  Not to be outsmarted, today the cute Santa and tissue box was on the bathroom floor when I got home, soaked.  Apparently she managed to get a hold and it fell into the toilet bowl but she was able to fished it out to pull all the tissues out and chew them up.  Is Lucy a climber?  Why she goes from our bed to my dresser to chase our kitten.  Nothing is off limits to her climbing.  I can't leave a chair out from the table and especially my computer chair because she has a fondness for chewing the cordless mouse.  Lucy is a magician.  She can get the cat's dishes off the island in the kitchen where only her nose reaches to eat their food.  She can get things out of the sink in the kitchen...I think she has springs in her legs to jump high enough.  I can't use a trash can because even the metal one in the bathroom with the step on tab is not safe from Lucy.  I tried turning it backwards so she couldn't lift the top up and she figured out if she knocked it over completely she could get the trash bag out.  About the only thing she hasn't bothered is our 2 Christmas trees.  The one in the living room is fake and we have the real one on the enclosed porch.  She sniffs but leaves the ornaments alone...........so far.

The howliday cards that we got so far are the greatest.  I'm so glad that Lucy talked me into siging up for it.  My computer crashed 2 weeks ago and I lost everything I had including email addresses and I was so worried that I wouldn't be back online to get my address list to send our cards.  We love the drool and all the great stories from Elwood and Clara and Nigel and Lewis.  I've learned so much about bassets...Lucy is our first....and the one thing I can attest to...they aren't labrador retrievers....lol.  She has made me brand new 10 times over.

Dawn & Lucy Lou who is acting like the evil princess today.