[Dailydrool] Basset Goats

julie jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:37:49 PST 2008

I know I'm late chiming in on the goat theme.  I have seen the climber instinct in a couple of my houndettes.  Of our first two girls, Sassy  was fearless.    She faced down a horse and a whole herd of cows without missing a beat.  She also liked to sit on top of her doghouse and bark at the neighboring kids as they came home from school.  The doghouse was about 5 feet tall with windows and two doors.  We put the woodpile next to the dog house and as we used the wood, it began to resemble a ramp.  One day, we found Sass on top of the dog house telling all and sundry what was what.  The dh had a flatroof so she could sit up there in comfort.  Daisy would never climb the logs.  She was as timid as Sassy was bold.  She didn't like stairs either.

Sherlock loved to sleep in the lawn chairs outside.  Sometimes he would climb up on the table and fall asleep too.  Usually, he just stared at us through the window.  I think he wanted us to feel sorry for him when he was out.  He was such a  spoiled boy.

Ninja and Marley are our current "goats".  They cruise the back of the couches like cats.  Ninja, who is a chunky girl, will walk along and get behind me so she can get in my business, I guess.  Marley gets on the back of the loveseat and falls asleep.  She is more agile but it is just funny to see these ungainly creatures acting like cats.

We are really enjoying the Howliday cards.  I didn't order enough and have had to go back twice.  They turned out cute eve if the neighbors did get a bushel of laughs watching us try to get three bassets to sit on a bench with antlers.  We took the boy picture with the girls too in antlers but by the time we snapped the picture, the antlers had slid back on their heads and were out of sight.  It's still cute.

It is cold here and the houndage is all snuggled up in chairs and on couches.  Marley just ran upstairs with the dad because she thinks any time someone goes upstairs it is time to go to bed.  And she loves to go to bed.

Snuggly snooters and kisses from Ninja, Marley, and Maggie with the mom