[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's stubbornness

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Dec 9 07:39:04 PST 2008

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

The Diva has done it again.  At bedtime (about 1 AM), I let Miss Angela out to do her "business".  It was not a terribly cold night, but still I was surprised when she didn't come back to the door quickly, letting me know to let her in.  After a half hour, I went out to check on her and found her curled up against the house, under a plastic chair.  I called to her to get her to come in but she refused.  I tugged on her tether and she still refused.  I went over to her, cajoling and begging and she refused.  Then I began to lift up on her hindquarters, urging her toward the door.
She gave a low growl, warning me to back off.  This has happened about three times before, all within the last month.   I let her stay out another fifteen minutes and then went to the "if all else fails" gambit.  I got a hot dog out of the fridge.  Of course, her resolve quickly failed when faced with food.  She slowly rose, took a bite of hot dog and sat down.  I had to leave kind of a trail of wiener pieces bringing her up onto the porch and then into the house.  Ignoring me, she did a last check of her food dish (hope springs eternal)and went to bed.
This morning it is snowing and she shows not sign of wanting to be outside.  I will probably have to force her to go out to do her morning business.  Still, she seems to harbor no grudge at my insistence.

Bill (busily working on finals)
Angela (stretched out on the couch)