[Dailydrool] So I bailed out the old guy from the kill shelter today

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 19:43:23 PST 2008

I posted bail for the poor old guy.  I won't be able to pick him up
until Friday because he needs to be neutered before they will release.
We got to sit with him a little before the paperwork was filled out, I
think they really wanted to make sure we were actually going to take
him.  He's not just thin, he's emaciated, no fat stores at all and he's
lost muscle mass. He is literally skin and bones. His hair is even
falling out. His ears are very nasty but don't look infected. I should
be able to pick him up from the neuter clinic on Friday.  They think he's 9.

He was very scared and stand offish at first but once we started petting
him he tried to climb in our laps even as weak as he was. When we had to
leave the little room to fill out the paperwork he sat in the corner and
stretched his neck around as far as he could to watch us. If we left his
line of sight he started whistle nosing and barking. We stayed for a few
more minutes to pet him and he had to be carried back to the kennels
because he refused to walk that way.

90% chance his name is going to be Kelvin.

So here are the pics, and there are a few that try to show how thin he
really is but my camera does this anti-shadow thing I can't turn off so
the bones are not as readily seen.  Notice the close up of his face.  No
wrinkles, that's his skull under the skin.
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3285a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3286a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3287a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3288a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3289a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3290a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3291a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3292a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3293a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3294a.JPG

Wish him luck on Thursday, he's going to need it.
Carmen and the herd