[Dailydrool] introducing new puppy-househould disagreement

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 06:06:12 PST 2008

Hi all,
Real quick - we are getting a new pup this weekend - yes, bassets are like potoato chips.  Can't have just one.  AND she is going to be my sweet little basset girl princess.  I can't wait - pink snoodies here I come!  hahaha

We already have 3 dogs, as you know.  They all get along wonderful, but I felt when we introduced Schroeder to the pack, it was a little stressful.  We had Maya and Cassie meeting him together - on neutral ground.

I'm still sticking to the neutral ground theory - However - I think that it would be easier to introduce new pup to the others one at a time on neutral ground, versus all three meeting the new pup together (hubby's theory).

Maya is my alpha female.

Cassie could care less where she is in the pack.  She just wants to play.

And Schroeder, well, he just goes with the flow and it happy to see everyone!

Anyway, we don't have anyone to help us out this weekend, so it will be just me and my husband doing all this together and the least amount of tension and stress will be better for all of us!!

Thanks for any advice!!

Love and drool to all in need!!!
Annette, Schroeder, Maya, Cassie and Puppy X