[Dailydrool] post-dog bite question

Brooke Blew bblew42 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 08:54:05 PST 2008

So baby Moses graduated from Puppy Kindergarten last night. We really enjoyed the 8-week class and Moses did his best to master all the lessons.

But ... the celebration was not without incident unfortunately. As the class sat against the wall in the last minutes of the session to get our photo taken with our diplomas ... Moses was attacked by a Sharpei puppy (same age as Moses - 4 months). The Sharpei grabbed hold of his ear and viciously shook it while snarling and growling. Moses immediately submitted and just yelped for help.

After all was said and done, Moses got away with some scratches and puncture wounds to his beautiful, long, silky, brown ear. Physically he will be just fine.

Though, my question to you all: In your experience, will there be any long term affects in how he reacts to other dogs. Moses is a happy-go-lucky pup and seems to come out unscathed by this incident ... but just hope he doesn't fear dogs in the future.

I know these things happen ... and I did a good job last night taking it in stride and not getting too worked up ... but I do feel bad for my poor little guy.