[Dailydrool] bailing out the old guy

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:55:11 PST 2008

Ok I agree (for once. Just this once, so don't go getting all excited) with
CBlatz that this dog should NOT be neutered now, and I think it is too bad
that the shelter is so aimed at following protocol that they are not taking
the condition of the dog into consideration.
On the other hand, I  am pleased that they are bringing him up to date on
shots. As emaciated and ill-kempt as he is it is hard for me to believe he
has had his shots, and, frankly, I don't want him around MY dogs or MY
puppies until I know he has been vaccinated. I don't want this dog out in
the community carrying something he has picked up at the shelter.  His
immune system cannot be that good at this point in his life and I sure would
hate to have him die of something he picked up at the shelter because he was
not vaccinated. Maybe over-vaccination is a problem or maybe not but at any
rate there is nothing to suggest that this dog is protected against
anything.

Don't waste energy writing to me about titers and cancers and all that. I
cannot count the number of times that a stray has come into our clinic
bringing with him or her Parvo, Kennel Cough, Distemper....and it spreads
like mad unless the strays in the stray section have been vaccinated. (Yes,
we have a separate unit for strays.)

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper.