[Dailydrool] For: Carman Kraus and her rescue

Elizabeth Kolenich lizzkolenich at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 11:24:35 PST 2008

Carmen,

I am new to daily drool and very saddened that one of the first things I read was about your departure and the negative feedback you received from your introduction!  I (we) applaud you for your efforts!  Although I am a trustee and intake coordinator for an established basset rescue, I am constantly finding my home filled with other dogs & cats that we picked up off the street.  I nurture them, feed them, bathe them, give them flea medicine and then off I go to try and find their home or a new one.  This comes out of MY OWN POCKET and has/can put a strain on our families finances.  I have SIX (3 dogs; 3 cats) of my own that were all rescues from the street, pounds and two from a rescue and I couldn't ask for better furbabies.
I am astounded that anyone who has love for these hounds would have anything bad to say about what you are trying to do.  I assure you, people that rescue animals are not in it for the money... Those people are called BREEDERS & PUPPY MILLS.  That's where negative remarks should be directed.
Those that rescue have a special place in their heart for furbabies and the time, energy, love and finances it cost to rescue just one far surpasses the potential "money you make".  People who open their homes up to strays or those on death row in order to save them do it from the goodness of their own heart and because they are a wonderful caring person who is trying to do their part in correcting someone else's mistake.

Carmen - My heart goes out to you and what you are trying to accomplish.  Our family thanks you and hope you find a way to continue helping!

With love and drool!
Lizz